Thursday, December 16, 2010

'Tis the Season

The semester's over. I'm relieved. The grades are rolling in and are, so far, all A's. (Woo) I did a lot of baking yesterday, for my mother. She's feeling better after round five of chemo, but she had a deadline to hit (Saturday), and not a lot of energy to hit it, so I stepped in to help.  I found myself quite surprised by the amount of cookies I didn't want to eat. I'm usually nibbling left, right, and center, but not this year. Well. I did nibble some dough...

I find it fascinating, because two days ago, my now ex-boyfriend decided to be a complete and utter asshole and tell me that he just wanted to be "Casual", based on things like I don't keep my house spotless (I have a dog, two cats, and a six year old, work, and go to school, OF COURSE IT'S NOT SPOTLESS, WTF.), that I have cats (don't get me started), and because I'm going to school, which is, in his opinion, not taking care of my child because it means I'm not working full time or fully financially stable.

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Yes, he actually said that it bothered him that I was having financial troubles because I was chosing to go to school instead of working full time.  Now...there's a million problems with that, but we'll stick with the basics here: 1) my job WONT LET ME WORK FULL TIME, 2) going to school IS taking care of my son and 3) he's clean, he's fed, he has clothes, and a roof over his head. FUCK YOU.

So all that shit went down, and then I baked. And I didn't binge.  I didn't binge the night before, when he pulled that crap, I didn't binge while baking, and I still haven't binged.  I'm really fucking proud of myself for that.

How's your holidays looking so far, Weather Watchers?

2 comments:

  1. Drop that @sshole like he's hot.

    No one deserves to put up with crap like that. Casual my @ss. I'm proud of you for not binging. You're a single mom, you're going to university, your mom is sick, you're working, and now you have a jack@ss ex. That right there is a full stress load. I'm proud of you for not binging; you have shown more control in your situation than I could have had. Keep up the great work hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cassie. I"ve severed all ties with him, and it turned out to be a good thing I did. He apologized that his "point of view" hurt me. Uhm. Sure. screw you, that's not a point of view, that's a belief, and no way in hell am I going to subject myself or my son to that kind of mentality. Jerk.

    I'm pretty proud of me, too, especially with all the cookies I've had access too lately. If I have a weakness, it's sweets, and this time of year can be the worst. but! I have survived, so YAY ME. ~hugs you~

    ReplyDelete